Area Hotel Sales Manager
Ocean Properties, Hotels Resorts & Affiliates in Portsmouth NH | Corporate, Full-time, Management | 60,000- 70,000 | Posted 1/19/2021
Location: Ocean Properties Northeast Sales Office, Portsmouth, NH
Position/Market: Area Sales Manager
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts & Affiliates has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented individual to sell multiple hotels in New Hampshire and Maine. This unique individual must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be aggressive in targeting new business and exceed established goals for their market. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for actively strategizing and closing on each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Respond to all phone & electronic group opportunities within company standards
- Ensure all business booked is within hotel parameters
- Create proposals, contracts, and other documents as required. Manages and maintain account files.
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients via outside calls, solicitations, and cold calls. This position requires both reactive and proactive initiatives.
- Manages time effectively between the regional sales office, visits to the hotels, and sales calls.
- Understand the overall market for each hotel, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and know how to sell against your competition.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community/chamber groups
- Attend out of town tradeshows and conventions as needed
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 3-5 years of successful experience in proactive hotel group sales and the ability to qualify and effectively closer business. Resort experience beneficial
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional detail in follow-up & organization
- Work well both independently and with a team
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft programs, Amadeus Advanced Sales & Catering (Delphi FDC), and/or CI/TY experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel to the hotels on an as need basis including some overnight stays
- Ability to work 45 hours weekly
- Experience making proactive calls to include outside sales calls, solicitations & cold calls
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hospitality degree beneficial
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability policies
- 401(K) available
- Paid time off
- Quarterly & Annual incentive program
- Hotel discounts available to the associate, friends, and family
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply. Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.