Florida Gulf Coast | Full-time, Management | $65,000 - $75,000 | Posted 8/24/2021
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to work for one of best hotel companies in the country, then we want to hear from you. We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate who wants to be part of our dynamic Food & Beverage Team
- Responsible for long and short-term planning and day-to-day operations of the culinary department and related areas including; scheduling, food preparation, menu planning, cost management, banquet events, promotion, budgeting, training, hiring, evaluation and instilling HACCP food protection management etc.
- Manage staff in the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe environment; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline as appropriate.
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department’s budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/profit objectives.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc…) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Adhere to HACCP standards.
- Participate in monthly inventory verification.
- Execute and promote accident prevention to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Follow company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Always practice aggressive hospitality.
- Attend meetings to keep abreast of activities, special promotions and upcoming events, maintain communications with other departments.
- Participate in preparation and execution when needed.
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Culinary School degree or equivalent work experience, approximately 5 years food service or related work.
- Managers Serv Safe Certificate
- Leadership skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- General computer knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of business management fields
- Advanced computer knowledge
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply. Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.