Executive Meetings Manager
Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts & Affiliates in Portsmouth NH | Corporate, Full-time | 48,000-50,000 | Posted 1/19/2021
Location: Ocean Properties Northeast Sales Office, Portsmouth, NH
Position: Executive Meetings Manager
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts & Affiliates has an opportunity for an ambitious Executive Meetings Manager (EMM) to join our sales team. The Executive Meetings Manager will handle group business for multiple hotels with 20 or fewer guest rooms per night as well as booking all corporate day meetings under 100 people. The EMM is responsible for actively strategizing and closing on each business opportunity to maximize revenue. This position is based out of our Northeast Sales Office in Portsmouth, NH. This is a great position for someone with 1-2 years of hotel sales experience looking to further their career in sales.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Respond to all phone & electronic group opportunities within company standards
- Create proposals, contracts, and other documents as required. Manages and maintains account files.
- Detail event with the client to include all food and beverage, set-up, and audio-visual needs. Ask appropriate questions and make suggestions to make sure the details meet the group and hotel’s needs. Create detailed Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) to ensure flawless events. Ensure the client is aware of all deadlines regarding guestroom cutoffs, payment due dates, and food & beverage requirements.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand, and know-how to sell against your competitors.
- Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on requests.
- Proactively solicit new and repeat business.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 1-2 years in a hotel setting, a minimum of 1 year in hotel sales
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional detail in follow-up and organization; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft programs, Amadeus Advanced Sales & Catering (Delphi FDC), and/or CI/TY experience preferred
- Enjoy a team sales approach
- Some travel to hotels is required
- Must reside in commutable distance to Portsmouth
- No satellite positions
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability policies
- 401(K) available
- Paid time off
- The quarterly and annual incentive program
- Hotel discounts are available to the associate, friends & family.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States to apply. Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.